Cognitive Solutions LLC designs and manages complex stakeholder engagement processes, providing services to local, state and national governments and commercial clients. We are global content matter experts in Alzheimer’s and dementia related policy, care and support. We have an academic and practical background in gerontology, public health and community development.
We are focused on two unique areas in Alzheimer’s and dementia: Finding and sharing solutions that support persons living alone with dementia and improving hospital care and its related transitions back to home and community for persons with dementia.
Patients with Alzheimer’s disease, other dementias and delirium are universally prevalent, yet markedly unique in today’s acute and primary care environments. Their experiences within the healthcare system are overwhelming and their impact on healthcare costs is alarming.
There is a better way…
Who We Are
Cognitive Solutions LLC is a specialized consultancy to hospitals and healthcare providers that focuses on improvement of operating efficiencies and patient, caregiver and staff satisfaction regarding patients with cognitive impairment.
Mike Splaine, the principal at Cognitive Solutions, has 25 years of experience with Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias. His extended team consists of nurses, social workers, researchers and other industry specialists. Mike, along with JJ Jordan, is the co-developer of the Thinking About Thinking® protocols for acute and primary care patients with cognitive impairment.
What We Do
We help your organization design a customized plan to address:
• The gap between prevalence and detection of cognitively impaired patients.
• Cost reductions and avoidance of long stays for patients with cognitive impairment.
• Improvement of care and safety outcomes for cognitively impaired patients.
• Risk reduction for CMS re-admission penalties for patients with cognitive impairment.
• Improvement of experience and satisfaction for patients, caregivers and staff.
How Our Clients Benefit
• Increased market share through cognitive impairment friendly and capable differentiation.
• Establishment of person-centered care for cognitively impaired patients.
• Leading-edge positioning for trending demographics.
• Strengthened relationships with the Alzheimer’s and dementia community.
How We Work
Our consulting group provides Speakers, Seminars and Consulting Services to guide your team toward improvement in satisfaction and efficiencies regarding patients with cognitive impairment.